Sunday, October 6, 2013

DIY Camera Jib


DIY Camera Jib
Originally uploaded by The Tedster

I'm pretty excited about having a new 7D Cannon camera. Not only will it perform better but it has some nice additional functions. Such as the ability to take video. I wasn't happy with just taking video holding the camera so I made a camera jib. I went to Home Depot got some aluminum and after a couple hours in the store figuring out the best way to mount everything I put it together at home. My drill was a very poor performer I must say though, the battery died about three times trying to drill 3 holes and my ability to drill straight in aluminum with a sad drill was lacking. Still It works well. At the moment my counter weight system isn't very good but I hope to make it better and sturdier in the future.
This is my first shot, I am so surprised at the results. I had no idea it was so easy to put something like this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment