Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another Delicious Meal

Sorry, but I was too hungry and busy making the food to actually take pictures of it but I can tell you about it and hopefully still make your mouths water.
Cassandra and I made lentil and chickpea burgers. We mashed up red lentils, chickpeas, onion, carrot, bread crumbs and an egg to make patties that hold together fairly well in a frying pan. I cooked them on medium heat in a bit of olive oil and they were terrific. They didn't even really need spicing, a little bit of curry powder and pepper was all. What made them all the more excellent was the curry and cayenne pepper mayonnaise Cass whipped up to go on top of the multigrain bun with the burger. I could see these burgers beating up the green lentil burgers from the sprout restaurant here, especially since Cass served 'em up with a side of shoe string sweet potato fries that could be dipped in the curry mayonnaise to create a mouth watering sweet treat. Which got me to thinking.
Cass and I have received numerous compliments from pot luck to the smell of left overs I bring for lunch. I have seen a business model work where you offer a limited menu selection of one or two items a week. Collect orders and then have them ready for pick up or delivery that Saturday. I wonder how many burgers or meals we would need to sell to make it worth while?

- T

No comments:

Post a Comment