Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Saying Goodbye


Saying Goodbye
Originally uploaded by The Tedster

Via Flickr:
I dropped the Mazda off at the automotive auction place in Paradise this afternoon. I think I was much more attached to it than I had initially thought. I was really sad to see the guy drive it off into the lot.

After my Dad gifted me the Mazda in Winnipeg for a Graduation gift I drove it to a new job out in Abbotsford BC. I had 1,300 dollars worth of repairs to make before I could safety the car to get ICBC insurance and registration, oh the trials and tribulations of a beater. Little did I know I would only be hanging around BC for 9 months. I never did cancel my Manitoba Registration though. So when I got back I renewed it for a small fee and got the car re-identified as a Winnipeger with the block heater cord hanging out. This lasted another 11 months and then I was off to Newfoundland with Cassandra. Taking the car from coast to coast. The only parts of the trans Canada I haven't driven are from Victoria to Tofino in BC and Port Aux Basque to St. John's in Newfoundland.
It was good fun, lots of repairs the last couple years and boy did the rust start to show. I wanted it to breakdown and say I drove the Mazda to it's last breath but the street parking ban comes into effect soon. We got a much newer (well 2006) Matrix in its place and I'm sure Cassandra and I will make many memories and adventures with it as well.

I am using Donate A Car Canada to give the proceeds of the auction to CancerCare Manitoba. I thought it was fitting.

Goodbye car

No comments:

Post a Comment