Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Lens



 Yeah that is a 70-200mm L series f4 USM Canon lens. Cassandra and I did some end of year financial assessment. I didn't think I needed to go out and spend the cash for IS or f2.8 so I just got the base model which makes for a reasonable buy. I've already taken it out and am really happy with the results. The USM makes focusing so quick and quiet and the pictures are sharp. The lens is also much skinnier and lighter than I thought making it easier to carry around. I also got around to dropping off my 15-85mm lens to the only certified repair guy in the city. Henry's even sends their stuff there not under warranty. There is some grit under the manual focus ring that should be cleaned out. Turns out its a real simple clean for only 45 bucks, that makes me happy. Cassandra also makes me happy, even though she complains that she is in every one of my photos and that I stare at her more with a camera in front of my face than with my own eyes. Hopefully I make up for it with charm.


My Flickr page

No comments:

Post a Comment