Saturday, January 4, 2014



We woke up this morning to a bit of a surprise. I knew the snow would be bad but wasn't happy to see how much was in the doorway. I was ready to fall asleep and not wake up till the spring. Snow drifts aren't fun when you have a sunken in entry way.









Dawning the appropriate gear we eventually clambered out of the house, closed the door and shovelled the snow. The wind was so bad it whipped snow into our faces like a bunch of tiny needles. Also all our windows of egress for our bedrooms were completely buried and Cassandra made me wade thigh deep in the snow to clear them out. It was much brighter when we got in but the power was still out. The power came back on for us around four but there are some people that will be with out power for a day or two still. Hydro workers from PEI have been asked to help apparently.

I'm pretty sure the doorway is filled in again by now. There isn't a lot of snow falling now but lots of wind. It's easy to get tired of the winters here. I hope everyone is keeping warm. I'll take some pictures of the street when things calm down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment